Review - Tower 28 LipSoftie

As you all know, I love lip balm. When a new one pops up on the market, you know I have to try it out. And that's exactly what I did. 

Tower 28 is a relatively newer makeup brand, and it is absolutely incredible. While the products I have tried from them are minimal, I have thoroughly enjoyed each one I have gotten my hands on so far, and I definitely plan to try some more in the near future.

When Tower 28 came out with their lip balm, the LipSoftie Lip Treatment, I knew it was a need and not even a want. 

I ran to the Sephora app and I ordered 2 of them, the Watermelon Kiwi and the SOS Vanilla. While I prefer the vanilla scent, I also wanted the "sheer baby pink" tint provided by the Watermelon Kiwi. 

These are definitely great lip balms. Compared to some others on the market, these feel a lot lighter on the lips. Personally, I prefer the thickness of some other balms, but I can definitely see the appeal of the minimal weight and stickiness. Regardless, the Watermelon Kiwi provides the perfect amount of natural pink tint, while the SOS Vanilla is clear. Additionally, I prefer more glossy balms, but this one is great for more natural days, as it does have a bit less shine than some others. 

These lip balms come in 5 shades / flavors- Watermelon Kiwi, Ube Vanilla, SOS Vanilla, Dulce de Leche, and Blood Orange Vanilla. There is currently a limited edition Confetti Cake one available, which I did just order.

If you were a Carmex lover back in the day, you will love the LipSoftie applicator. It has that round, dome-like applicator that brings back all the Carmex nostalgia. While I know this applicator has become rather controversial on social media, I personally tend to enjoy it.

The packaging of these balms is absolutely adorable. The Tower 28 branding is so cute, and it fits the vibe of this product perfectly. 


This product is pretty middle-of-the-road for a lip balm coming in at $16. For a higher end product, this is extremely reasonable. It is an average lip balm size and lasts for a while. It is available on the Tower 28 website and at Sephora. (Note: the limited edition Confetti Cake is only on the Tower 28 website).

If you are looking for a reasonably-priced high end lip product that is very light and natural-feeling, this should definitely be your go to. 


Comments

  1. I've seen these a lot on TikTok when they first came out but I haven't tried it. The shades for the lip balms look so nice and wearable so I feel like I wouldn't have to worry about which shade to get. I, personally, am not the biggest fan of the rounded applicator but I wouldn't mind it if I were to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailyn i just wanted to let you know i really enjoyed reading your blog this semester and definitley my favorite overall, i really hope you continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually never tried this brand but I have always wanted to. I have seen this brand on tik tok a lot as well, I am in the market for a new lip balm so maybe I will try this one out. I have also enjoyed reading your blog this semester :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts